Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Not getting easier...

My first few days on the Chantix seemed a bit easier than the last 2 which seems just wrong as my dosage was upped for the last 2 days. Odd yes??

Of course I am sure the whole spending time in the bar was more to blame than anything else but I spent the 2nd night I was on it in the bar and was fine. Ohh well I am also still just as determined to quit. My actual quit day is fast approaching... 2 more days till Q-Day!! and I am actually looking forward to it. I haven't had a smoke or my Chantix yet this morning because... can you all already guess??

That is right... I was late waking up again... actually can barely say that as I actually went to bed only a couple short hours ago. I was still up at 6:15 and I knew I wasn't going to be able to actually get enough sleep so plan was to simply lay down on my couch and doze until my alarm went off which I of course didn't hear because it is in my bedroom. Fortunatly it increases in sound if you don't turn it off so it eventually got my attention. But the late wake up meant... no food to eat with my Chantix and no time to have a smoke before hopping in my car and driving to work. I told myself I would smoke when I got to work but it appears that I didn't grab any fire of any kind and removed all of them from my car when I cleaned it out. Of course it appears that last nights Chantix is still working as I don't feel like hurting anyone at work right now. I just have that slight gnawing in my mind saying I should have grabbed a lighter.

So.. the new plan is to head to the store when I go to lunch at 10 ish buy some food. Head home eat said food, take the Chantix, have a smoke and then attempt to nap until noon when I have to attend the lame yearly CPR/First Aid training I am required to do. The lovely CPR trainer would be wise to just give me the stupid multiple choice test let me get my yearly 100% and send me home to sleep.

8 comments:

Konstantin said...

Get some food and take the pill! Not a disaster, but try sticking to the schedule, at least in the beginning schedules!

So how do you feel on Chantix? Do you smoke the same amount of cigs a day?

maggie said...

Wow, I thought I got no sleep... Hang in there, and keep going. And then go grab a nap :)

Lakasha said...

Definetly not smoking the same amount at all. I am smoking considerably less. Part of that is that I also stopped smoking in my car... or cheating in my computer room. I was never supposed to be smoking in my house but for the last several months I have been sneaking smokes while at my computer as well.. (though you can't really sneak from yourself so not sure who I thought I was fooling).

I knew the whole schedule thing was gonna be tough for me. Especially the breakfast. I actually never used to eat breakfast and there isn't a specfic time I would eat dinner either so I am having to adjust my schedules with that as well as quit smoking. I am determined to do it.. but I do seem to be messing up on occasion. I was doing so good for a couple days though. A big piece is gonna be for me to simply go to the store and find something fast and easy to make for breakfast in the morning.

Lakasha said...

Thanks Maggie... Like I said always been a night owl and apparently all my friends are coming out of the woodwork to say goodbye to my smoking I had like 4 people come to my place when the bars closed and they didn't seem to have any particular desire to leave. I tried to go lay down at like 4 am but that lasted all of 5 min. When I realized that they weren't actually sleeping or leaving.

maggie said...

On the breakfast thing, I've had to improvise. I wish I could be one of those that gets up early and makes something, but I'm not. I found a reasonably healthy (not incredibly, just somewhat) brand of granola bar that I like and that I've been finding on sale ($2/box vs. $4/box), and I eat it at my desk first thing. Hell, something like that is even easy enough to eat in the car. I just can't yet imagine a morning without my Chantix, so that's the only reason I'm eating breakfast. It's a good thing. Your own routine will fall into place once you find what works for you.

Lakasha said...

So does the granola bar seem to be enough food to keep you from getting nauseous??

I actually like granola bars so that would be relatively painless. I just figured it might not be enough food, but then I have always gotten sick to my stomach fairly easily.

maggie said...

I worried about a granola bar not being enough (the kind I get have lots of whole almonds in them, so that might help), but so far it has been. In fact, if I eat too much right before the Chantix I feel a little icky. It's kind of strange. Everyone is probably different, but that's been working. I've also bought bananas with the idea that they are almost as easy to eat on the run or at my desk in case the granola bars are not enough.

Lakasha said...

Thanks again for the ideas and encouragement Maggie... I really appreciate it!!