Friday, June 22, 2007

Last Night... This Morning

Well I was so encouraged by how I was feeling about smoking during the day yesterday but...

Last night I was right back to wanting the same number of smokes as usual, of course it was only my first day of taking Chantix so. Think taking the evening pill will help a lot, I am definetly ready to be a non-smoker.

Dreams weren't really odd at all last night but again guess we shall see. I don't think there was any of the drug left in my system by the time I went to bed after 1 am, but didn't have any more problems sleeping than I usual do which is to say I am a serious insominac as it is.

This morning I got up late as usual, threw on the first set of clothing I found on my floor, put a crossiant with ham & swiss in the microwave, made myself a few smokes grabbed a bottle of water and a bananna and headed out the door.

I ate my crossiant and drank my water so I could take my pill while driving to get my coffee... immediately after taking the pill I smoked my first cig (had to get rid of it part way to work due to work related reasons I will explain later), got my coffee and went to work. So far this morning I have only had not quite 1 full smoke all together (this isn't that unusual for me really as it is quite difficult to smoke at work)

That particular smoke didn't make me feel sick like the one yesterday after taking the pill did and neither did the one I smoked bout 40 min ago. I am feeling a bit sick to my stomach right now but it is hard to say whether that is from Chantix or just my usual slight nausea.

1 comment:

maggie said...

My first few days on Chantix I noticed some nausea some of the time, but for the most part I was smoking just as much as ever. Until the full dose days. That was when things got dramatic. I say that just because everyone is different - some people feel the change almost instantly, so I kind of wondered when it didn't happen that way for me. In any case, you are on your way!