Friday, June 22, 2007

Cleaned the Car

Decided I am going to stop smoking in my car now as I know this will be the toughest smoke to get rid of so might as well deal with that now while I can at least still smoke (less stressful hehe). I pretty much always light up as soon as I get in my car. It is also where I always have my first smoke of the day (in the morning on my way to work). I figure for the rest of this week if I really feel a need to smoke while driving I will force myself to actually pull over and get out of the car.

So... I scrubbed the car more thouroughly than ever, removed the ashtray (it is in the trunk now), scented the car and what not and am placing a NO SMOKING sign on my glove box so me and everyone else can see it.

My plan is to carry water in the car at all times, I have cut up a bunch of straws to chew on and I suppose keeping gum handy... talking on my cell while driving and maybe singing a lot in the car hehe...

2 comments:

maggie said...

Awesome preparation that I wish I had done. I'm driving around in a stinky car even though I haven't been smoking in it (and like you, my car was a prime smoking spot). On my list for this weekend is to spend the money I've already saved on going to a carwash that cleans inside and out. I'll have to get a little no smoking sign - that struck me as hilarious in a very good way.

You are *so* on your way!

hubbes said...

Nice blog! Nice plan as well.. - Not to smoke inside the car. :) Well, I also plan to do some car washing this weekend and to bring my car to a shop to have the jaguar xj6 parts checked and inspected, especially that I'll be having a business trip this coming week. I need to bring my car with me and ensure that it is working well and clean as well.