Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 7 Chantix!!

Tomorrow is Quit Day!!!

I had 1/2 a smoke before getting in my car this morning. Suprising I didn't wake up late or anything... Maybe that is because I actually slept? Interesting eh!! Hehe....

Smoked a whole cigarette during my lunch break (1/2 at beg. other 1/2 before heading back to work). Not sure what I should do at this point as I only have 1 smoke left... Today is my last day of smoking do I go buy another pack and smoke as much as I can or just smoke the one I have left and quit now. I know how devious my mind can be and I worry that if I actually quit today my mind will figure out someway to convince itself in the next week that I get a freebie day since I quit a day early.... I already here that thought in my mind.. so I know it will come.

Doing quite well though and really enjoying reading everyones blogs and the forums and what not. It really helps to read about how other people are doing with their quits... both the good and the bad. It is so helpful to know I am not alone and it gives me something to do with my time while I am not smoking.

5 comments:

maggie said...

Yay, Lakasha! If you are planning another night out at the bars or just with smoker friends, I'd take the opportunity to sit around and smoke *their* cigarettes when you want one so that you don't need to buy a pack. You could even pay them if you want. That's just me. This is why there are still 4 cigarettes in what's left of my last pack sitting on my kitchen counter - couldn't throw them away. They don't tempt me, but I do wish they weren't there, but I can't toss 'em quite yet because it seems wasteful. Weird. Anyway, Good Luck!!

Lakasha said...

I was debating on the whole going out thing. It is my last smoke night so that tempts me to just go out.. in which case your idea is a great one. Though until then I may want at least one more smoke.

I know that if I go out however I will stay up late and be super tired tomorrow and I have that feeling I am going to need all my mental energy intact for my first smoke free day in 25 years.

maggie said...

OK, one more idea in the same spirit. Do any of your friends smoke the same brand as you? If so, go ahead and buy the pack, smoke what you want, give the rest to them whether you actually go out tonight or not. I understand your dilemma - it's aggravating, isn't it? Good news is soon all these silly smoking-related decisions will be gone!

I think you are smart to want to be well rested. It will likely be a challenging day - not anything your cooperation with Chantix can't make it through, but challenging nonetheless.

Marcus said...

I'm at day 7 too. I bought a pack though today. Gonna see if the 2 mg days make me want them less

Lakasha said...

Who is this David guy and why does he keep inserting his lame comments?