Monday, June 25, 2007

My Friends...

Driving home from work today I realized that literally all of the people who I actually like and spend time with are smokers. What does that say about me and my friends that I can not think of a single person that doesn't smoke. I always used to joke around and say things like I am going to go smoke cause that is what all the cool people do. Don't get me wrong, I know smoking is not cool. I have known that for a very long time now. But apparently all of "the cool people" are doing it... at least in my circle.

I am sure it was the junkie brain that caused me to come to this realization but that doesn't make it any less true. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances and I can seriously only think of one that doesn't smoke (she just quit but isn't around much anymore) and maybe a couple others but they don't live here anymore. Everyone who lives in this town that I spend time with or am friends with smokes. And not just a little bit.. these are avid smokers like me who enjoy smoking.

One friend of mine offered to quit with me today. We shall see....

2 comments:

maggie said...

Wow, Lakasha, that would make it a little tougher. I'm fortunate that these days everyone around me that I like hates smoking, completely, and they were usually puzzled by the fact that I was a smoker. Maybe seeing you pull off not smoking in spite of the extra hurdle will encourage some of them to go for it in time, too.

Lakasha said...

It could come as a by-product of my lifestyle choices.. ie the seedy bars etc and that I have that tendency to surround myself with like minded people.

It would be wonderful if I could convince at least a few people to quit. And my success just might do that. I have a few friends who are waiting to see how I do and wanting me to let them know if Chantix really helps me.