Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I will not be mislead..

After much thought I have decided I am indeed going to go out again tonight and enjoy my last evening of smoking. I will say goodbye for now to my favorite bar. I am not going to buy a last pack but will instead go with Maggie's idea and simply bum smokes from people. I have given out enough there to where I figure my friends owe me. I will also tell each and every one of them to never give me another smoke after tonight.

That last part was added due to my once again quite devious addict mind. As I was driving home thinking about what to do with my evening the thought occured to me that I could quit buying smokes today but allow myself to bum smokes from people for another week. I can sense the little nico-demon trying in vain to figure out some way out of what my rational intellegent mind has already decided is my course of action. I will not be mislead by that other little evil voice trying to let me smoke for just a bit longer.

3 comments:

maggie said...

Hah! The same little voice hangs out and speaks in my head, too. Go have fun!

Konstantin said...

I hope you have fun tonight! You sound like it's your last day of fun, haha, but it's NOT! You'll actually have so much more fun you can't even imagine in a little while. You'll feel so much better once you relearn to live without the stupid addiction. Well, you'll actually feel a ton better within the first week! So don't think it's your last fun you have!

And one more thought - it's great that you are going to ask people to never lend you a smoke again. Just don't count on them. Ever. Count on yourself. They have no stake at your life and success and health. They are also likely be drunk when you hang out with them at the bar. So don't even let your addiction fool you into putting the safeguard to keep you from smoking in their hands. I think that's important.

Well, hey, I'll be tuned in tomorrow to hear about your progress. Please don't hesitate to blog a lot on your first day, if you can. Good luck! You're doing awesome!

Lakasha said...

Thanks Stan :)

I know you are right about keeping things in my control and I certainly wouldn't count on anyone else to keep me from smoking. I just wanted to make it very clear to my friends that I am not smoking anymore and not to offer me any.