Friday, July 13, 2007

Test 1 Passed - Day 16 Quit/Day 23 Chantix

Well I made it through an evening of watching other people smoke. I had one drink and ate dinner and sat out on the patio with all of the smokers chatting. There were a couple slight urges but it was actually better than I had been during my evil morning the other day. What did have me a bit worried was that when I first walked up to join them his friend was smoking and I had to admit to myself that somehow for the first time I actually did find a little bit of pleasure in the smell of the smoke. ACK!! That feeling went away quickly however and by the end of the evening I barely noticed the people smoking around me as I was involved in chatting with friends.

Even given my success last night I don't think I am quite ready to head down to my favorite smoky bar and play a game of pool. I am beginning to wonder if that is something I will ever be willing to risk again. I don't want to ever smoke again and I suppose if that means giving up some of my favorite things that I am willing to pay that price. I just hope I won't have to.

As to how I am feeling with the lower Chantix dose. All seems to be going okay as I said last night was okay and I feel pretty good this morning. The urges may be slightly stronger but they still go away just as quickly and I am not so sure their increase is due to the lower dose and not the increased stress in my life and the tempting situations I have placed myself in.

My last Chantix was taken around 4 pm yesterday. I will probably take my next dose around the same time today.

3 comments:

maggie said...

Glad you made it! I understand about the smell of smoke. Someone outside my apartment smokes, and when it comes through the windows, it actually smells kind of good to me at first. It was maddening the first week or so. Still, a smoky room is different and has way less appeal to me. Ditto for people walking past me in a store when I can smell smoke on them - I miss nothing about the thought of how I know I smelled.

Lakasha said...

Yeah.. the smell of smokers is horrible.. esp heavy smokers. I can't believe I smelled like that and no one really said anything to me.

maggie said...

My favorite thing is that whenever Tom would actually tell me that I smelled bad/smoky, I'd actually get kind of irritated, but I can't really imagine cuddling up to that stinkiness.