Thursday, July 12, 2007

Am I Crazy?? 2 WEEKS Quit/Day 22 Chantix

So... I got home for lunch today planning to take my morning pill with a bit of yogurt or something (was planning on it being the only pill today). When I left this morning my new friend was still sleeping and was still there when I got home for lunch so I spent the first hour or so of my break waking him up.

I then got myself a bowl of yogurt and some water and tried to take a couple bites but for some reason just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just really didn't feel like eating it nor did I particularly feel like taking my pill; so I didn't.

I know bad bad Lakasha... but I figure I will get something else to eat after work today and take the pill then so at around 3:30. I haven't thought of smoking all day or had any urges so I think I will be okay. I wonder if I can just take one pill a day "at some point". I know already rebeling with so few quit weeks behind me but... I only have one packet of Chantix left and ideally I won't have to buy a whole nother month of the stuff because I really don't feel right now like I need another months worth... we shall see I guess.

2 comments:

maggie said...

Yay on 2 weeks!

I'm a big chicken weenie about messing around with the doses or length of treatment, but it's easy for me to say while my insurance covers it, and I suffer no significant "bad" effects from it... and like I said, I'm kind of a chicken that way. I guess you could try reducing and whatnot to see how it goes, but even if you bought just one more pack and stretched that one out longer, if it works, it's such a small amount to pay compared to what you would spend in the long run smoking (even homemade) if you think it would lead to better success than reducing now. Just one more option to toss out there as food for thought.

Anyway, 2 weeks really is an awesome milestone. Congrats!

Lakasha said...

It is $139 or some such for me.. and at this point part of the reason I didn't take my pill today is because all I had to eat with it was yogurt...

In other words.. no food in my house I am flat broke and likely going to bounce the check I wrote for groceries a couple days ago today.

I am actually not suffering any bad side effects and would be happy to continue taking them.. it is really a bummer my insurance won't cover it at all... Maybe I need to write them a nasty letter. Tell them I have paid for my first dose of Chantix and been smoke free for 3 weeks but will plan on going back to smoking if they won't help with the next month. And in the process I will be sure to visit my Dr every time I cough when I wake up in the morning. It just makes no sense that they don't want me on Chantix.