Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Food... - Day 14 Quit/Day 21 Chantix

So.. I don't know if it is the actual quit, the excersise or just the ability to taste food again but I find myself eating WAY more than I ever used to. It isn't like I am not full or I am using the food as a substitute when I want to smoke. I have always liked eating but I seem to be enjoying food far more than ever before. I know I mentioned this a couple times but it does concern me. I really don't want to end up gaining tons of weight. I have never had to do the portion control thing before and have no idea how to go about it but I guess I will have to learn.

Doing well for the most part.. this morning was super tough as both my unwanted house guest and my son decided to sleep in and be late for work. I had to wake them both up and it annoyed me beyond belief. I don't need nor want 2 children that I have to take care of. By the time I got in my car to drive to work I was so frustrated that had there been a smoke around I am pretty sure I would have caved. Fortunatly there wasn't and I have made it through the first half of my day without smoking or killing anybody...

Hoping for a better 2nd half of my day.

2 comments:

maggie said...

Hope the second part of your day is less annoying. I hate being annoyed. Especially when it triggers an urge to smoke. That really annoys me :)

On this food thing, I'm trying to figure out what to do, too. I find myself eating an entire extra meal late at night, and this is a very bad thing. Part of my problem has been this fast food thing again, so I need to start cooking more at home. While I'm at home cooking, I'm going to add more vegetables and plan on salads as starters more often. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I do think for me portion control will be a better solution than trying to actually "diet" and eliminate any one particular food. Within reason, even my potato chips have a place (sometimes even on my sandwich, but I'm odd). This week is a lost cause for a few reasons, but over the weekend I'm going back to preparing a meal plan of sorts and perhaps even doing some cooking ahead. We'll see. I do know that gaining weight really doesn't thrill me. My daily mile walks are staying because heaven knows I'm definitely eating more, and they are probably helping some.

So, no real solutions yet, but I'm rowing along in the same boat as you. Still better than smoking even if I do gain a little - key word being little.

Lakasha said...

Aye... a little and I am okay.

The sad thing is salads are actually my favorite food and they are easy to make but I too suffer from the no cooking at home disease. I have been eating out so long I have forgotten where some of my pans are. I don't really do a whole lot of fast food but that is simply because where I live there aren't many fast food restraunts and half the ones we have were shut down. The area I live in is kind of snobbish about food and all we have left in the city limits is a Wendy's and a Taco Bell. I don't do Taco Bell... we do have Subway and Quiznos but for whatever reason I don't consider that fast food.. and I eat there frequently along with a lot of Chinese, Thai and any other to go food I am in the mood for.

Half the places here don't serve anything but vegatarian food and only 2 stores sell anything other than "Organic" meat so meat can be hard to come by here. Very weird place actually.