Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The First Days of My Quit Journey

My Chantix journey this time started out a bit rough. I guess when I first started taking it I hadn’t really committed to quitting so I started taking the ½ pill on November 24th. But did not take it every day; I would make excuses why I couldn’t take it for a day. Once I realized that it had already been 5 days I decided to take it a bit more seriously and actually set a Quit Date for the following Saturday and signed up for the Chantix Get Quit program which I found helpful during my last quit. My boyfriend and my sister are both quitting with me so I do feel like I have some support this time around though it does seem I try to pick fights with poor L. But hey I am working on not doing that I swear.

My Quit Day was Sunday December 8th and I have not had another smoke since I went to bed on Saturday Night.

On Quit Day L and I still had 5 smokes left and I simply could not bring myself to get rid them so they are still sitting next to my door till I decide what to do with them. I know I should flush them but that is somehow so scary. I know all to well the panic that would set in as a smoker when I realized I was out of cigs and I am worried that same panic will set in if I toss them. Strange since last time I had none in the house and I remember being fine. Therefore I know this is once again the ugly nico-demon in me keeping me from tossing them.

3 comments:

Atmos said...

Nice experience you have shared of your quit smoking journey. Use herbal vaporizers for the same..

Vaporizers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vaporizers said...

That is very appreciable that you made an good attempt to quit, I have tried it by using the best portable vaporizers.