Saturday, June 23, 2007

Amazing!!

So... my plan was originally to stay away from the bars until I was a full fledged non-smoker. Then I get a call from an old friend last night who is in town for the weekend from Seatlle and wants to get together and have a couple drinks/play some pool. I thought about it for all of 1 minute and decided what the hell... I don't actually want to forego doing things I find enjoyable and I am still in my first week of Chantix, might as well check it out now and see how hard it may prove to be.

We of course decide to go to my favorite local bar which also happens to be the most smoke filled bar I have ever been to. When you open the door there the waft of smoke that hits you is enough to make any non-smoker nearly yack on the spot. Anyhow during a normal night of drinking and playing pool I will probably smoke every 10-20 min or so making for on average nearly a full pack everytime I walk into the place. Last night I spent about 4 hours in there and only smoked 3. I admit I was at times intentionally choosing not to smoke but... I actually didn't even think much about it. I don't know if this little pill actually is a "miracle drug" or if I have simply convinced myself that it is but... either way I think I am in love with Chantix right now. I do have occasional upset tummy stuff but I pretty much always have due to my horrible diet so that is nothing new for me.

I LOVE Chantix!!!!

No comments: